About Me

Who is Ms. Vincent?

Hello, and welcome to my blog for English Language Arts grades 8 and 9 at Schoharie Jr./Sr. High School! Let me take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Ms. Vincent, and I'll be your ELA teacher!

Where did I come from?

I was dropped onto this planet in the Capital Region area of New York State a long time ago from a faraway galaxy, but I've been a member of the Schoharie Central Schools family since September of 2016. Before that, I taught 9th grade English Language Arts at a charter school in Albany, NY for two years.

What sort of education did I have?

I was lucky enough to earn an academic scholarship that allowed me to study English at Union College in Schenectady, NY, where I obtained my bachelor's degree in English. During that time, I spent a semester at the National University of Ireland at Galway in Galway, Ireland. After this, I got my master's degree in English at SUNY Albany, then my certification in adolescence education from The College of Saint Rose. That's eight years of college education, and I loved education so much I decided to teach for a living!

What else do I do besides teach?

Honestly, I'm a big nerd. I love reading and writing in my spare time, as well as playing videogames and Dungeons and Dragons (5e for those who are interested). I also crochet, paint (acrylics), sew, and play around with learning different things to do on my computer. While I haven't done a ton of it, I do like editing video and sound. If you're having a tech problem, I might not be able to fix it for you, but I can help walk you through steps to take to figure out the problem, and I can direct you to places to get that problem fixed if I can't figure it out myself!

Do I have any pets?

I've had my black cat ever since I started teaching. His name is Poe (yes, he's named after American author and poet Edgar Allan Poe, because as I said earlier, I'm a big nerd). He was taken in by a very nice family with his brother and sisters when he was born, and I adopted him three months later. He's such a good boy that he lets me put him in a sweater in the winter.
This is a more recent photo. He sure does love his naps, and his teeth are big enough that they stick out sometimes when he's sleeping. I love my little vampire cat.
print
Skip to toolbar